What is Hoya Block?
At Harrison, one of our top priorities is to prepare students for college and career readiness. Harrison’s academic rigor is demanding, and curriculum pacing is constant; however, with 95 percent of our students going to college, we want our students competitive! We have designed Hoya Block sessions to move students forward academically while giving them time to process curriculum standards and prepare them for rigorous assessments. Students meet for Hoya Block twice a week at 45-minute intervals between first and second period.
Hoya Block Goals
- Develop and practice skills assessed on the PSAT, SAT, and ACT
- Practice problem-solving skills to reinforce organization, communication, and self-advocacy
- Strengthen college and career readiness skills
- Enrich AP curriculum standards to prepare for Advanced Placement assessments
- Reteach and enrich curriculum standards for content area classes
Hoya Block FAQ
This is a short list of our most frequently asked questions. For more information or if you need support, please email Assistant Principal Amanda Shaw or call (678) 594.8104 ext. 012 for further assistance.